Pioneer SC-2022 Premium 7.2ch Network AV Receiver
Superior AV processing
The stunning SC-2022 uses Pioneer’s latest Direct Energy HD amplifiers built on Class D technology and incorporate various leading edge technologies to provide the absolute best audio and video performance.
- Direct Energy HD amplifiers built on Class D technology – Direct Energy HD amplifiers help to deliver the true audio potential of uncompressed sources such as Blu-ray and other high-definition audio content. The amplifier section of the SC-2022 delivers abundant power to each available channel, providing great detail and high dynamic range, with virtually no loss in performance even with all channels simultaneously driven at full volume.
- Advanced MCACC – Pioneer takes room calibration further with Advanced MCACC, which performs 3D calibration by including time axis parameters while automatically compensating for differences in speaker size, output level and distance.
- Auto Phase Control Plus – With Auto Phase Control Plus the SC-2022 automatically provides real-time phase matching by continuously analysing the audio input and adjusting the output signals for each individual speaker and subwoofer to compensate for potential lag in the source.
- PQLS Bit-Stream – PQLS technology eliminates distortion caused by digital timing errors with HDMI connections.
- Virtual Speaker Modes – For a more realistic audio video experience, the SC-2022 can simulate sound coming from various areas in a room without actual additional speakers connected, newly adding “virtual wide” to virtual surround back, virtual height and virtual depth.
The power of connectivity
The SC-2022 offers a multitude of network connectivity options including Apple’s AirPlay, DLNA 1.5, Internet radio and Bluetooth audio streaming (with optional AS-BT200 BT adapter).
- Made for iPad, iPhone and iPod – SC-2022 is “Made for iPad, iPhone and iPod” and comes with a USB/video cable to provide an out-of-the-box “plug-and-play” convenience. Users can enjoy audio, video and photos stored on their Apple mobile device without having to buy an optional dock, as well as charge it while physically connected to the receiver.
Controlling home entertainment systems with mobile devices is becoming more popular, and Pioneer makes it possible with its proprietary iControlAV2012 app, available as a free download from the Apple App Store for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The app features all essential controls, as well as the ability for the user to choose and control content from Internet radio stations and music files from network-attached storage (NAS) devices on a home network. A dedicated app is also available for Android users.