Pioneer SC-LX86 Premium 9.2ch Network AV Receiver
Pioneer SC-LX86 - Defying the limits of home cinema.
Pioneer LX receivers are engineered according to a strict design philosophy that aims to bring studio quality sound to your living room. Using only high-end components – each rigorously calibrated and tuned – this system allows you to enjoy film and music exactly as the creators intended.
The SC-LX86 realises true simultaneous multi-channel high power output, incorporating Direct Energy HD Class D amplification, THX Ultra2 Plus certification and legendary sound-tuning from AIR Studios. The result is stunning sound quality that guarantees a genuine, class-leading home cinema surround sound experience.
- Direct Energy HD amplifiers built on Class D technology – Direct Energy HD amplifiers help to deliver the true audio potential of uncompressed sources such as Blu-ray and other high-definition audio content. The amplifier section of the SC-LX86 delivers abundant power to each available channel, providing great detail and high dynamic range, with virtually no loss in performance even with all channels simultaneously driven at full volume.
- Advanced MCACC – Pioneer takes room calibration further with Advanced MCACC, which performs 3D calibration by including time axis parameters while automatically compensating for differences in speaker size, output level and distance.
- Auto Phase Control Plus – With Auto Phase Control Plus the SC-LX86 automatically provides real-time phase matching by continuously analysing the audio input and adjusting the output signals for each individual speaker and subwoofer to compensate for potential lag in the source.
- PQLS Bit-Stream – PQLS technology eliminates distortion caused by digital timing errors with HDMI connections.
- Virtual Speaker Modes – For a more realistic audio video experience, the SC-LX86 can simulate sound coming from various areas in a room without actual additional speakers connected, newly adding “virtual wide” to virtual surround back, virtual height and virtual depth.
The power of connectivity
The SC-LX86 includes the AS-WL300 Wireless LAN converter and offers a multitude of network connectivity options including Apple’s AirPlay, DLNA 1.5, Internet radio and Bluetooth audio streaming (with optional AS-BT200 BT adapter).
- Made for iPad, iPhone and iPod – SC-LX86 is “Made for iPad, iPhone and iPod” and comes with a USB/video cable to provide an out-of-the-box “plug-and-play” convenience. Users can enjoy audio, video and photos stored on their Apple mobile device without having to buy an optional dock, as well as charge it while physically connected to the receiver.
- MHL-compatible devices connectivity – SC-LX86 adds front Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) connectivity for adapting smartphones as another source for audio and video entertainment supporting content with up to 1080p video and 7.1-channel HD audio resolution from Android handheld devices, complete with battery charging and remote control. An MHL cable (1m) is included.
- Built-in USB-DAC for easy PC connection - The flagship SC-LX86 integrates an asynchronous USB-DAC, allowing direct USB connection with a PC and supporting 192 kHz/32 bit music file content.
Controlling home entertainment systems with mobile devices is becoming more popular, and Pioneer makes it possible with its proprietary iControlAV2012 app, available as a free download from the Apple App Store for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The app features all essential controls, as well as the ability for the user to choose and control content from Internet radio stations and music files from network-attached storage (NAS) devices on a home network. A dedicated app is also available for Android users.