Chord Banana Plug Termination Kit (Screw Type)
The ideal after-market solution for the termination of any speaker cable. Adaptable Chord z-plug design that will connect to all types of speaker and amplifier. Easy to use. Cable can be secured to the plug using screw or solder.
- Each kit contains: 4 x 4mm speaker plugs 2 x red covers & 2 x black covers
- Direct gold-plated Copper beryllium contact
- Can be used with both standard 4 mm and BFA type sockets
- Twin fastening screws provide positive connection and strain relief.
- Easy-fit plastic cover. Compatible with all speaker cables
Fitting instructions for Chord Co screw type speaker plugs:
1. Most Chord Co speaker cables have an outer jacket that surrounds the insulated conductors. If you are fitting these plugs to a Chord speaker cable remove approximately 150 mm (6 inches) of the outer jacket from the end of the cable.
2. Unscrew out jacket then strip the end of each cable conductor so that approximately 6 mm (1/4 inch) of bare wire is exposed
3. Push the banana plug onto the end of each conductor and tighten both screws securely onto conductor
5. Refit the out jacket (ensure the right colour is fitted to each plug, red for positive +, black for negative -)
Fitting instructions for bi-wire cables 2 to 4 configuration:
Proceed through step 1 and step 2. At the amplifier, twist the positive conductors together and the two negative conductors together. Proceed with step 3.